September 10, 2009
It is important to like and agree with the person you choose to help you handle
your dog. There are many good dog trainers, but finding an individual who
can teach you is just as important. Here are a few questions to help you pinpoint
• How long have you been in this
• May I speak to someone regarding
• What books or websites do you
• How do you discipline a dog?
• What is your experience with my
breed (or with shelter dogs or mixed breeds)?
It’s best to find someone who is willing to answer these questions openly. A
good trainer is usually busy helping dogs, so be respectful of her time: wait
to ask for specific advice about your dog until you meet her face to face.
Labels: Private instruction for dog